I don’t know how everyone else feels but…what is with those after-dinner sweet tooth cravings!? So I whipped these up the other night, and found that they do just the trick!
I made two mini batches of these, one for me made with my Sun Warrior (plant-based) protein and the other with Gold Standard whey protein (for the man of the house). Although I agree that the taste of his whey protein is far more appealing. I have a sensitive tummy so I’m experimenting with avoiding the whey protein for now.
I also love these because they are NO BAKE! And they have the texture of cookie dough (and who doesn’t love that)! The protein in these helps lower the glycemic index, making this a delicious and healthier alternative to actual cookies (which will spike your blood sugar). These are also the perfect pre or post-workout snack! And great for on-the-go 🙂
- 1/4 C Raw Almond Butter
- 1/4 C Organic Crunch PB
- 1/3 C Organic Blue Agave Nectar (Light) **or honey
- 3 scoops of Protein Powder (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1/4 C Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 C Chopped Hazelnuts + Sliced Cashews
- 1/4 C Raisins
- Handful of Craisins
- 1/4 C Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 C Wheat Germ **don’t add if gluten-free
- 1/8 C Cacoa Nibs
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use the brand Blue Diamond)
- In a 1-1/2 quart pan melt the almond butter, peanut butter, and agave, be careful not to overheat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients: protein powder, sliced almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, raisins, craisins, wheat germ, and cacoa nibs, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla, then stir in your almond-peanut-agave mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- If the mixture seems a bit dry, gradually splash the mixture with your unsweetened vanilla almond milk until you achieve a “cookie-dough-like” consistency. (I didn’t actually measure how much I added at this step, but the mixture should clump to itself and feel sticky to touch)
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Then press a golf-ball sized amount of “dough” into each muffin cup!
- Refrigerate overnight or for atleast 1 hour! Enjoy!
NOTE: To make with two different kinds of protein powders, I simply combined all the dry ingredients sans protein powder. Then I poured half the mixture into a separate bowl. Then I mixed 1-1/2 scoops of plant-based protein to one bowl and whey protein to the other. I then combined half of the almond butter, peanut butter, and agave mixture to each bowl. Voila! Always take the path of least resistance 😉