I stumbled across this shop on Etsy recently and loved it so much that I actually ordered one of these tanks as a birthday gift for someone! Samya is the shop owner and she’s a doll! I love her designs and the message they send. I featured some of my personal favorites below (but she has tons more to choose from)! Also just as a disclaimer, I am not earning a dime from this promotion, I genuinely love her product and thought I would share : )
Check out more of Firedaughter Clothing designs at her Etsy shop!
How could you not want to break a sweat in one of these tanks!?
1. Shine On
2. Eat Clean Train Dirty
3. Suck It Up
4. Work Out
5. Let’s Get Physical
6. Goal Digger
I don’t know how everyone else feels but…what is with those after-dinner sweet tooth cravings!? So I whipped these up the other night, and found that they do just the trick!
I made two mini batches of these, one for me made with my Sun Warrior (plant-based) protein and the other with Gold Standard whey protein (for the man of the house). Although I agree that the taste of his whey protein is far more appealing. I have a sensitive tummy so I’m experimenting with avoiding the whey protein for now.
I also love these because they are NO BAKE! And they have the texture of cookie dough (and who doesn’t love that)! The protein in these helps lower the glycemic index, making this a delicious and healthier alternative to actual cookies (which will spike your blood sugar). These are also the perfect pre or post-workout snack! And great for on-the-go 🙂
- 1/4 C Raw Almond Butter
- 1/4 C Organic Crunch PB
- 1/3 C Organic Blue Agave Nectar (Light) **or honey
- 3 scoops of Protein Powder (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1/4 C Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 C Chopped Hazelnuts + Sliced Cashews
- 1/4 C Raisins
- Handful of Craisins
- 1/4 C Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 C Wheat Germ **don’t add if gluten-free
- 1/8 C Cacoa Nibs
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use the brand Blue Diamond)
- In a 1-1/2 quart pan melt the almond butter, peanut butter, and agave, be careful not to overheat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients: protein powder, sliced almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, raisins, craisins, wheat germ, and cacoa nibs, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla, then stir in your almond-peanut-agave mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- If the mixture seems a bit dry, gradually splash the mixture with your unsweetened vanilla almond milk until you achieve a “cookie-dough-like” consistency. (I didn’t actually measure how much I added at this step, but the mixture should clump to itself and feel sticky to touch)
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Then press a golf-ball sized amount of “dough” into each muffin cup!
- Refrigerate overnight or for atleast 1 hour! Enjoy!
NOTE: To make with two different kinds of protein powders, I simply combined all the dry ingredients sans protein powder. Then I poured half the mixture into a separate bowl. Then I mixed 1-1/2 scoops of plant-based protein to one bowl and whey protein to the other. I then combined half of the almond butter, peanut butter, and agave mixture to each bowl. Voila! Always take the path of least resistance 😉
So thanks to the encouragement of a friend, I stepped outside my comfort zone and tried cross-fit for the first time yesterday! I honestly don’t think I would have tried it without that friendly little push.
I have friends who do cross-fit regularly and like many organized athletic groups, its definitely earned a stereotype. Marathoners are known to have a certain slender wirey build. Triathletes tend to be marathoners or cyclicists who decided they need an even bigger challenge. Yogi’s are the OG of lululemon and can hold a handstand for longer than than I can balance on one foot. And then there’s cross-fit; a mash-up of body builders, marines, people who train like marines, former collegiate athletes, the intimidating list goes on. So needless to say, I was a little nervous to try it. I’d seen the competitions on TV; the women who look like they’ve traded in their venus razor for a gillette…
I try not to judge and live under the philosophy that ‘you can’t form a legitimate opinion about something until you’ve tried it yourself’. I was conscious to stay hydrated before meeting my friend there at 3:45 (for the 4:00 session). The building doesn’t look like much from the road, its just an old warehouse (think concrete brick building with metal garage style doors). Despite it’s minimalist appearance, this gym had everything necessary to challenge your body to the max. I will say, that because of it’s reputation, cross-fit is certainly more appealing to men. Jonathan was the instructor that day. I liked how accommodating he was to me being a first-timer and felt that he exhibited a very encouraging and non-judgmental attitude! Regardless of all the hype promoting or discrediting cross-fit…I have now tried it for myself and would definitely do it again!
Bottom line: I got a great workout and challenged my body with something new and different! I certainly feel sore now (24 hours later). Cross-fit is a lot like a love-hate relationship, you suffer during and when you think back to your workout, you somehow remember it fondly…so you keep going back. There’s also incredible comrade. Your fellow cross-fittians are your greatest competition as well as your biggest support system, there to cheer you on as you challenge yourself beyond your comfort zone. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that I definitely push myself harder when working out with others (even if it’s just one other person)!
Try cross-fit for yourself and see if you like it!
So last week I was experimenting with making a flourless pizza crust. I decided quinoa would make a better base for pizza “dough” (after my failed attempt at cauliflower pizza crust). I was so surprised with the results! It came out perfectly. I’m so glad I wrote down what I was throwing into my mix, and in what proportions. I hope you are just as please with the result. Bon appétit!
Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- 1 C Quinoa
- 1/2 C Black Beans
- 1/4 C Red Kidney Beans
- 1/4 C ground flaxseed
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 TBSP McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A few sprays of EV olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mash the black beans and red kidney beans to form a paste (I used a fork for this)
- In a large bowl combine the bean paste with the quinoa. Mix well – I used a spatula to press/stir the bean paste so that it was evenly distributed with the quinoa
- Add the ground flaxseed, minced garlic, italian seasoning, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Lightly dust a pizza baking pan with flaxseed (Or whole wheat flour if you’re not gluten free) ** This is to prevent the dough from sticking to the pan while baking
- Spread/hand-press dough onto a pizza baking pan (spread the dough to about 1/4″ thickness)
- Lightly brush on a few spritz’s of EV olive oil (this is optional but will help the dough to crisp up, you don’t need much – mostly around the edges)
- Bake at 400 F for 20 – 25 mins
I used what I had on hand for the toppings but you can do whatever you want!
For this pizza I sautéd onion, mushrooms, green and red bell peppers. I sprinkled one half with gorgonzola (for me) and half with parmesan (for my guy).
Once you’ve added your toppings, bake again at 400 F for 8 – 10 mins.
Do you ever find yourself wondering “I workout regularly and eat pretty healthy, but I’m not seeing any changes in my body. What am I doing wrong? “
I’ve been there, trust me. Instead of getting frustrated, own it! Channel your energy positively and remind yourself that in order to see results and truly change your body fat composition you’re going to have to alter your approach! If your goal is to see changes in your body you’ll have to tweak what you’re currently doing. Like my Dad always said, “If you do what you always did, you’ll get what you always got”.
I’m right here with you! I’m challenging myself with this too. Don’t settle for mediocre, you’re capable of so much more, I know it! I want you to challenge yourself to truly push during every single workout! Its YOUR time and you deserve to get the most bang for your buck!
Have you ever stepped onto a machine at the gym and just gone through the motions (okay I admit I’ve definitely done this before)…But you’re only cheating yourself out of the amazing benefits! If you’re really dragging, try to pay attention to your breathing, your posture, are you maximizing your stride? Could you improve your form?
Focus on what you want and chase it! I like to listen to the spin cycle station on the iheartradio app when I’m at the gym, especially for my morning cardio sessions! I will even put my headphones in while I’m brushing my teeth and start listening to it to get myself pumped up and ready for my workout! I’ve even been known to sleep in my workout clothes so I’m that much more ready to get up and get going! I find that I’m almost finished my morning workouts before my body has even realized what I’ve challenged it with : )
I look forward to my morning workouts. It helps to start my day out right!
It wakes me up, I’m in a better mood, and it’s done!
Keep your body guessing try different things! Im trying crossfit for the first time On Monday next week (yes I’m a little nervous). Its definitely out of my comfort zone but we don’t grow unless we try new things. Who knows maybe I will surprise myself! and atleast I’ll have a story to tell : ) Trying something new can also mean playing some beats and shankin yo tail feather around your living room for 20 mins! Have fun with it!
As I’m sure many of you know eating breakfast is so important! And it can be your secret weapon to kick start your metabolism, fueling your body to start burning calories. I will even make these for dinner sometimes!
- 1/2 banana (mashed) – mash first, then add remaining ingredients
- 1/4 C egg whites
- 1/4 C rolled oats (or quick cooking oats)
- 2 scoop organic plant-based protein (I like Perfect Fit Protein)
- 2 TBSP vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed
- 1 TBSP wheat germ
- 1 packet of stevia (optional)
Sidebar: you can still enjoy tasty pancakes in a pinch even if you’re missing some of the ingredients listed above. I’m going to let you in on a little secret; call me lazy, but I typically only use the 4 ingredients listed below when I make these and I personally think they taste just as delicious!!
- 1/2 banana (mashed) – mash first, then add remaining ingredients
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop organic plant-based protein (I like Perfect Fit Protein
- 1/4 C egg whites (or until the right consistency is achieved, the mixture shouldn’t be too thick, or too runny – I actually don’t measure this step when I make them, after a while you’ll get the hang of it and know how thick or runny to make your mixture!)
HOW TO MAKE
- I like to coat a nonstick skillet with coconut oil cooking spray, then wipe away excess with a paper towel (set this aside to re-coat the skillet in between each pancake!)
- Heat to medium-low heat
- Spoon batter into the skillet and cook for 1 – 2 mins (or until firm)
- Using a spatula, carefully flip the pancake. Cook for about 1 min!
Top with fresh berries and stevia! ENJOY your protein pancakes!! You can drizzle with 1-tbs agave or organic maple syrup on top, if you need more carbohydrates.
Mix up your batter each time by adding one of the following:
- sliced strawberries
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- unsweetened carob chips
One of the best sources of a complete protein is found in egg whites. A complete protein consists of all nine essential amino acids in certain proportions for supporting biological functions in the human body. An incomplete protein may contain all the essential amino acids, but not in the correct proportions.
Pros of 100% Pure Egg Whites:
❤ 100% Bio Available
❤ Fat Free
❤ 26 grams of protein per cup
Surprise! Your New Move-It Monday Workout is here!
Sculpt your abs and blast calories with 10 of my favorite ab exercises!
Say goodbye to love handles and muffin tops with these ten simple moves. Do this ab circuit everyday 3 times through for maximum results.
Do this routine to the best of your ability in addition to maintaining a clean and balanced diet 🙂